Are you a classic car enthusiast looking to create the perfect home for your prized possession? I grew up and spent a good postion of my life in Michigan and I was always drawn to the North American International Auto Show and Woodward Dream Cruise. While I do not own any classic cars, my son (Forrest) has caught the “bug” of car enthusiast. I wanted to share some thoughts the things to add to your garage for the classic car enthusiast like my son.
One of the most important considerations is having a large garage that can accommodate your vehicle and all the tools and equipment needed to maintain it. Here are some things to consider when designing a large garage for a classic car enthusiast:
- Space: A large garage is a must for any classic car enthusiast. You’ll need enough room to park your vehicle, as well as space to work on it comfortably. Ideally, your garage should be at least 600-800 square feet in size to start.
- Lighting:A garage is no longer just a place to park cars; people use it for storage, as a home gym, extra bedroom, or workshop. The right lighting can transform the space, regardless of its use, and make it more functional. Proper lighting is essential when working on your classic car. Make sure your garage has ample lighting, both overhead and task lighting, to ensure that you can see everything you’re working on. Here is a great article top rated garage lights from this Old House. Click Here.
- Flooring: Are you tired of your dull and stained garage floor? Do you want to upgrade your garage without breaking the bank? If yes, then you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore 8 easy and affordable garage floor options that can transform the look of your garage while also adding functionality. From peel-and-stick tiles to epoxy coatings, we’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in and find the perfect garage floor solution for you! For budget minded , here are a few ideas for garages floors. Click Here.
- Tools and Equipment: To maintain and restore your classic car, you’ll need a range of tools and equipment. Invest in a quality set of wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers, as well as power tools like an air compressor, grinder, and impact wrench … or know a good mechanic. Here is an amazing article on the 15 essential tools for a car enthusiast. Click Here.
- Storage: This is my favorite garage improvement project – storage. Your garage should also have plenty of storage space for all your tools, equipment, and parts. Shelving units, tool cabinets, and pegboards are all excellent options for organizing your garage. Click here for some awesome ideas – Click Here.
- Climate Control: Your classic car requires a climate-controlled environment to protect it from extreme temperatures and humidity. Consider installing an HVAC system or space heater and dehumidifier to keep your garage at a consistent temperature and humidity level. Here are a couple ideas to keep cool in the Tennessee summer hear – Click Here.
- Security: Finally, ensure that your garage is secure by installing a reliable alarm system, security cameras, and a sturdy garage door with a high-quality lock.With a tip of the cap to my son, anyone can create the perfect home for your classic car in your large garage.Here are a few blog posts to find your ultimate classic car garage and home …
Nashville Homes With Big Garages
Brentwood Homes With Big Garages
Franklin Homes With Big Garages