Imagine Buying Your Tennessee Dream Home.
Our team of local experts is ready to guide you through the home-buying process. We are committed to fast, professional, and courteous service to help you understand and feel at ease throughout the home buying process. Our trained and licensed agents specialize in the Middle Tennessee real estate market and are prepared to find the right home and get the best price.
Tell Us What You Are Looking For In A Home
Here Is Our Step By Step Guide To Buying A Home.
- Hire An Agent From Nashville Home Guru – Connect with a licensed Nashville Home Guru real estate agent who is knowledgeable about the neighborhoods you’re considering and can help guide your search. We have agent specialists for Brentwood, Clarksville, Franklin, Lebanon, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Nashville, Nolensville, Smyrna, Spring Hill, Springfield and so many other areas. Call Us Now 615-682-1718.
- Get Pre-Qualified From One Of Our Amazing Lenders – After hiring a Nashville Home Guru agent, your next step is to get pre-approved for a mortgage loan (unless you will be paying the full price of your home in cash). Your NHG agent can connect you to a mortgage broker. Based on your income and credit history, the mortgage broker will determine how much a bank will lend you, which will help you determine the price range for your search. Start your pre-approval by meeting April Barnes Highlands Residential Mortgage – Click Here.
- Visit Properties With Us – Now is the time to consider your ideal home’s location and amenities. You will attend viewings and open houses spanning a range of areas and property types. Additionally, your Nashville Home Guru agent will activate notifications for exclusive Coming Soon and Off-Market properties as they hit the market.
- Packaging and Submitting Offers – Once you identify a home you like, you can put in an offer, which is an agreement to pay a certain price for the home. This offer is packaged with a Proof of Funds (POF) and Pre-Approval Letter. Note: if your offer is lower than the list price or with terms not acceptable to the seller, the seller will likely return with a counter-offer price or acceptable terms, which you can accept, reject, or make another counter-offer. Your Nashville Home Guru agent will provide advice throughout.
- Closing Process – A typical closing period is between 30 & 45 days – but closing can be shorter or longer. Day 1 Once offer is accepted, escrow is officially open and the clock begins on contingencies*Day 2 Contact your insurance agent for homeowners coverageDay 3 Initial deposit is due per terms of agreementDay 1–17 Buyer performs inspections (Step 6)Day 1–21 Loan is in underwriting and appraisal occurs (Step 7)Day 7–30 | 21–45 Seller signs grant deed and staging is removed, if any (Step 7)End of Escrow Within final week of escrow period, buyer signs loan and closing documents and wires in closing funds (Step 10)
Day 30–45 Loan funds and escrow closes (recordation)
Home Inspections: Reports & Repairs – It is the buyer’s duty to schedule all desired home inspections and determine the overall condition of the property within the agreed timeline and contractual contingencies. Buyer will also review the disclosures and preliminary title report. You may approve or negotiate repairs. Prior to closing, remember to schedule a final walk-thru of the property to verify property is still in acceptable condition and any negotiated repairs were done.
Loan, Appraisal & Closing – Organize an appraisal with your bank. Your completed mortgage application with all supporting documentation should be submitted to your chosen lender upon receipt of the fully signed Purchase Agreement. The bank then issues loan approval. Consequently, the buyer wires the closing funds with the homeowner’s insurance in place, and then the loan will be funded with clearance to close.
- Welcome Home!